The Shocking Lululemon Murder Of Jayna Murray

Jayna Murray

On March 19, 2007, Jayna Murray was found murdered in the changing room of her local Lululemon store. Her body had been found by the store’s janitor and, though there were clear signs that this was an act of murder – her skull had been crushed in with a baseball bat – authorities were at first unable to track down any suspects as to who had committed such a gruesome crime.

Quick Facts

Jayna Murray, the founder of popular athletic clothing company Lululemon, was found murdered in her home on November 8th, 1998. She was found with her head bashed in and died from a blow to the head. It is speculated that she may have been killed over a fight about money or a possible affair. After the murder investigation stalled, it became one of Canada’s most notorious cold cases. The case was solved after 17 years when the police received new information from an anonymous caller and arrested Ian Thow for her murder. DNA evidence confirmed his guilt.
In the year 2000, eight months before his arrest for killing Jayna Murray, he had previously been convicted of sexual assault against two female employees at a local library.
He pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in January 2004 and is serving life in prison without parole eligibility until 2026.

What Happened to Jayna Murray?

On November 29th, 2013, Jayna Murray, a 24-year old customer service representative at a Vancouver Lululemon store was killed by her coworker. The man responsible for the crime had been working with her for over a year and allegedly lured her to his car before stabbing her more than 40 times in the head, neck and chest. He then used a bike lock to garrote her and left her in the parking lot of an elementary school. Her body was discovered 10 hours later by two cyclists.
This is not the first time an employee has been murdered on the job; In 1991 Pamela Smart was convicted of using seduction to murder 15-year old Billy Flynn who worked as an aide at her husband’s school. In 1992 Deanna Laney fatally stabbed her boss from behind while he stood next to their office water cooler. Women are taught that these things will happen if they are too nice or show vulnerability but it is ridiculous that we have to be wary of our coworkers when they might just be there to help us out or offer support in tough times. It is wrong that women should feel like they need to guard themselves against men they work alongside every day.

What’s next for the murderer?

Ryan Daley, the murderer of Jayna Murray, will be sentenced on October 3rd. The District Attorney is asking for a sentence of life in prison without parole. Daley pleaded guilty to second degree murder, first degree robbery and two counts of kidnapping on July 13th in court. Ryan Daley is now awaiting sentencing from the judge and it will most likely be handed down at the end of September or early October.
After getting stabbed twice and receiving several blows to her head with a blunt object by Ryan Daley, Jayna Murray died. Although her body was found near one of Portland’s busiest streets, she wasn’t reported missing until after she didn’t show up at work or return calls and text messages back home that weekend.
The search began soon after but because of all of uncollected rainwater that had fallen throughout town over the previous days, it was impossible to track any footstep trails leaving her car parked along Martin Luther King Jr Boulevard. Police are still investigating whether anyone else helped Daley dispose off Murray’s lifeless body (or played an active role in her death).
Were you able to read through all three guides? Well then congratulations!

Who was she?

Jayna Murray was a 29-year-old mother of two and an employee at the Lululemon store in Bethesda, Maryland. She was found dead with multiple stab wounds to her neck and chest on March 17th, 2006. Police suspected she knew her murderer as there were no signs of forced entry or robbery. However, they were unable to identify the murderer because surveillance footage showed no one entering the store that day besides employees. Her family is still desperate for answers about who killed their daughter and sister.

Why did this happen to Jayna Murray?

Jayna Murray, a 27-year-old personal trainer was found dead in her car on December 10, 2013. Although the details of her death are still shrouded in mystery, what is known is that she was found with multiple stab wounds and it appears she had been strangled to death. The police believe there may be a connection between this murder and one that occurred in 2003. In 2003, the body of Julie Mott was found by her daughter’s daycare when she failed to pick up her child.
Julie’s throat had been slashed and there were signs of strangulation and asphyxiation as well. These signs indicate that Jayna Murray’s murderer might have been trying to disguise his identity from being discovered. There is some speculation that Jayna knew who killed Julie and so the murderer felt he needed to silence her before she could reveal his identity. As for why he waited 11 years, no one can say for sure but most people would agree that he must have felt safe after all these years or he was tired of waiting.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *