Renting a storage units milwaukee storage unit in Milwaukee can be a great way to keep your belongings safe and secure. But there are a few things you should know before you choose a storage unit in Milwaukee. In this blog post, we will explore some of the things you should know about storage units in Milwaukee. From the different types of storage units available to the best time to rent one, we will cover everything you need to know about storing your belongings in Milwaukee.
Types of storage units in milwaukee
There are various types of storage units available in Milwaukee which can cater to your specific storage needs. Below is a list of the different types of storage units available in Milwaukee:
1. Self-Storage Units: These are the most common type of storage units and are perfect for individuals or businesses that need a temporary storage solution. Self-storage units can be found at many different locations across Milwaukee, including storage facilities, retail stores, and even some residential complexes.
2. Climate-Controlled Storage Units: As the name suggests, these storage units are designed to keep your belongings safe from extreme temperatures and humidity levels. If you have valuable items that need to be stored in a controlled environment, then climate-controlled storage units would be the ideal option for you.
3. Vehicle Storage Units: If you need to store a vehicle in Milwaukee, there are various vehicle storage options available. You can choose to store your vehicle at a self-storage facility, parking garage, or even at a residential complex. However, it is important to note that not all self-storage facilities offer vehicle storage services.
4. Boat Storage Units: There are also boat storage options available in Milwaukee if you need to store a boat during the winter months. You can choose to store your boat at a self-storage facility or marina. Again, it is important to note that not all self-storage facilities offer boat storage services.
5. RV Storage Units: Another option
Sizes of storage units in milwaukee
When you’re looking for a storage unit in Milwaukee, it’s important to know what size you need. Here are some common sizes of storage units and their dimensions:
5×5 unit: This is the size of a small closet. It’s perfect for storing seasonal items, extra belongings, or boxes.
5×10 unit: This unit is about the size of a large walk-in closet. It can hold larger items like furniture or appliances.
10×10 unit: This unit is approximately the size of a one-car garage. It can store the contents of a two-bedroom apartment, including furniture and appliances.
10×20 unit: This unit is approximately the size of a two-car garage. It can store the contents of a four-bedroom house, including furniture and appliances.
What can be stored in storage units in milwaukee
When considering what to store in your storage unit, it is important to first consult your storage provider to see if there are any restrictions on what can be stored. In general, most storage units allow for the same types of items to be stored, such as:
However, there are some items that cannot be stored in a storage unit, such as:
-Perishable food items
-Illegal drugs or weapons
Prices of storage units in milwaukee
The average price for a storage unit in Milwaukee is $85 per month. However, prices can vary greatly depending on the size and location of the unit. The most expensive storage units are typically those that are larger in size and located in downtown Milwaukee.
How to choose the right storage unit for you in milwaukee
When it comes to choosing a storage unit in Milwaukee, there are a few things you need to take into consideration. Here are a few tips on how to choose the right storage unit for you:
-Think about what you need to store. Do you need a climate-controlled unit for fragile items? do you need a unit with drive-up access for large items? Make a list of what you need to store and then find a facility that can accommodate those needs.
-Consider the length of time you need to store your belongings. If you only need short-term storage, you may be able to get by with a smaller unit or even just renting space in someone’s garage. However, if you need long-term storage, you’ll want to choose a larger unit that can accommodate your belongings.
-Think about security. When it comes to storage units, security is important. Choose a facility that has security cameras and gates as well as on-site security guards. This will help deter theft and protect your belongings.
-Compare prices. Storage units can vary greatly in price depending on the size, location, and features offered. Be sure to compare prices between different facilities before making your final decision.